Event Phone: 203-483-3140
- Meditation for Daily Living 2
May 7, 2015 - May 21, 2015
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
This is a three session course that meets Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:30 p.m.. , May 7, 14, and 21, at the Wilcox Center for Psychotherapy and the Healing Arts in North Branford, CT. It is a prerequisite course for the Shakti Swarupa Advanced Healer Training and for Meditation for Daily Living 3.
Prerequisite for this course: Meditation for Daily Living Level 1, or established in a personal meditation practice for at least 6 months. In this course you will learn:
- The ancient yogic practice of meditation on the form based in the teachings of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- The specific practices of dharana or concentration, contemplation of the experience of the mind, the power of witnessing the mind and shifting attention to the Inner Self.
- The power of intention in meditation practice.
- The relationship between the individual self and the Inner Self in meditation practice and in creating a happy life.
- The signs and symptoms of spiritual awakening.
- Techniques for deepening your meditation practice through posture, breathing, intention, commitment, contemplation and journaling.