Meditation for Daily Living Series
The “Meditation for Daily Living” series is a set of three courses that are specifically designed to support participants in:
- Establishing regular meditation practice.
- Understanding the nature of the Inner self as the object of meditation.
- Developing personal experience and understanding of the nature of the mind/body/spirit relationship in meditation and daily life.
- Creating a happy, peaceful and focused life through the practice of meditation.
- Developing knowledge, experience and appreciation for one’s personal spiritual journey in worldly life.
Because the practice of meditation is universal across spiritual paths all are welcome to participate and encouraged to integrate this practice into their own spiritual and life journey. These courses are offered in a variety of formats including:
- A one day retreat event that includes lunch.
- Three 2-hour classes over three consecutive weeks as a live event, or
- Three 2-hour teleseminar classes.
Free Monthly Meditation Teleseminars
Each month Dr. Judith leads a free guided meditation teleseminar. To register for this month’s teleseminar please visit the course calendar page.
Meditation for Daily Living Level 1
In this course you will learn how to:
- Recognize both the state of meditation and the process of meditation.
- Access the natural state of meditation through the ancient technique of meditation on the breath and the space between the breaths.
- Gain control of your mind through the practice of witnessing thoughts, emotions and sensations.
- Sit comfortably in simple yoga postures for meditation.
- Release physical and mental tension in preparation for meditation through basic, easy hatha yoga postures.
- Focus your attention on your Inner Self, the source of peace, inspiration and healing within you.
- Establish regular meditation practice at home.
Meditation for daily Living Level 2
Prerequisite for this course: Meditation for Daily Living Level 1, or established in a personal meditation practice for at least 6 months. In this course you will learn:
- The ancient yogic practice of meditation on the form based in the teachings of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- The specific practices of dharana or concentration, contemplation of the experience of the mind, the power of witnessing the mind and shifting attention to the Inner Self.
- The power of intention in meditation practice.
- The relationship between the individual self and the Inner Self in meditation practice and in creating a happy life.
- The signs and symptoms of spiritual awakening.
- Techniques for deepening your meditation practice through posture, breathing, intention, commitment, contemplation and journaling.
Meditation for Daily Living Level 3
Prerequisite for this course: Meditation for Daily Living Level 2, commitment to regular meditation practice. In this course you will learn:
- Mantra meditation with the universal mantra of the breath.
- The nature of the psychic instrument— mind, ego, intellect, unconscious.
- The nature of the Self as it exists in all states of Consciousness.
- The nature and experience of kundalini, the chakras and the process of spiritual awakening.
- The truth of the Masters— their knowledge, experience and gifts in the practice of meditation.